PraxisTeoriaPraxisTeoria

Main News Audio Reviews Stats 1 Fan

SF - Hardcore Generation SF - Hardcore Generation

Tempo does it justice

An easy 10. Like Leoshi said, ParagonX9 has to start looking over her shoulder. My only complaint is at 1:33 it fades out and theres silence for just one second. Not worth taking off a star but a pad or delay trailing off those notes would help it transition a little easier and make it flawless. Keep it up!

SubtleForces responds:

:D Thanks

Mau5 - Ehh Mau5 - Ehh

Blue balls in audio form

I agree with Leoshi, an extended version would be wonderful.

Jam The Spinning Gears Jam The Spinning Gears

Nice concept

I can see where you were going with it. I'm not sure if FL Studio doesn't allow you to use VST's (I have never used it personally) but you're really limiting yourself when you're not using them. If it is FL studio thats holding you back its time to move on. You have potential that is too good to waste. You can find so many free VST's that have excellent sounds for chiptune music, you just have to dig a little in google.

www.tweakbench.com is a good place to start. I recommend these VST's to get you going with this song specifically:

Peach - Synth
Toad - Drums
Monomate - Bass

They are all free and really easy to use. Give them a shot. They can only help you make your songs better.

BallinFatty responds:

thanks. but i've tried the VST's b4. they dont work on my computer, i dont know why. every time i try to download them they save as a windows media file, or an application and when i try to do anything with them a message pops up and says error

also, i wasnt unsatified with the result, i like it. alot. it was sorta like a challenge for me, just to see how close i could actually get to a chiptune. however, i understand completely what your saying, and i would like to actually have some real VST's

anywyas, i'm glad you see potential in my work. that means a lot. thanks again for the review, 5, and your time in listening

Battle with Shrike Battle with Shrike

Great battle theme

Definitely a good battle theme

DJShrike responds:

Thanks

Orfa Orfa

Mixed a little odd

With a little better mixing this could be a good song.

dingdong4 responds:

EDIT OF TEH RESPONSE: Well, I'm gonna see if this is lying around to get around to fix. Got some better soundfonts, and can now fix this.
UPDATE: Well, can't fix the mix now. The geocites page that held these tunes is gone. \

6:43AM 6:43AM

Very chill

This is really soothing. I'd like to hear this as a menu song for a game possibly. Excellent use of HPF.

Drumbouncer responds:

thnks :-)

Drink Your Milk Drink Your Milk

Enjoyable

Even though I don't like audio samples in music much I'll still give this a high score. I could hear this as an intro or maybe part of a chase scene. Minus the samples it would be a ten, it just breaks the mood of the song too abruptly for me.

aloneagainfriend responds:

really!? i like the vocal clips. ty though

MIDI Experiment MIDI Experiment

Not creepy, but eerie

This would be good for an eerie atmosphere tone in a toon. The only thing I would have liked to hear added to this is maybe another pad or organ sound in the back that builds up somewhere near the middle. Other than that, great job.

DandyT responds:

Thanks...literally was just messing round with the controllers and it made this weird effect...so recorded it!

Drop Dead Drop Dead

Very nice

Reminds me of something carnival-like, good job!